The Facilities Maintenance Assistant position is responsible for all routine maintenance, creating and revising SOPs (standard operation procedure) and other reports. The successful candidate will be able to maintain all the equipment maintenance work orders and calibration records. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and time management skills and understand the importance of Safety in the workplace.
This position falls under the Maintenance Department organization structure and reports to the Facilities Supervisor.
Major Functional Objectives:
- Responsible for the daily monitoring and sanitation of the purified water systems, and inventory of maintenance parts
- Respond to calls for maintenance and repairs
- Complete administrative duties, such as maintaining equipment work orders and calibration records, filling out forms and reporting maintenance statuses to supervisor
- Prepare purchasing order to purchase maintenance parts and equipment repair orders
- Work with and maintain relationships with contracted vendors
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Keep inventory of maintenance and cleaning supplies and equipment, and report needs to supervisor
Environment / Culture:
- Manufacturing environment with expectation of multi-tasking and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner
- Detail oriented, constant communication with other departments
- Driven by continuous improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions from supervisors
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other manuals and documents
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year experience in similar work situation
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical systems (including relevant equipment and tools) is a plus
- At Carlsbad Technology, every eligible employee receives a competitive compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Company match on 401K. Employees are also entitled to Paid Time Off, Sick Days, and Holidays.
To apply for this position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.