The Formulator is responsible for developing the product formulation and process procedures, design and execute experiments and analyze the resulting data to evolve. The Formulator is also accountable for developing robust product that meets regulatory requirements.
This position falls under the Research and Development structure which reports to the PD Supervisor or Director of Research and Development.
Major Functions Objectives:
- Conducts oral product formulation study, develops materials and semi-finished goods and product specification.
- Directs activities to design scale-up production, modifies existing design and specifications, improves production techniques, and develops test procedures.
- Analyzes technology trends, manpower needs, and market demand to plan and formulate aspects of product development proposals.
- Assists Supervisor to coordinate with analytical works to establish test standards, protocols, methods, and related procedures, conduct stability studies.
- Assists Supervisor to coordinate with production department to establish manufacturing procedure, batch records, and validation protocols, and conduct process validation.
- Assists qualification of process equipment, rooms, cleaning, prepare and implements related protocols, calibration, operating, and maintenance procedure
- Preforms other duties, as assigned.
- Experienced on oral dosage forms such as tablets, capsules, powders, suspensions, etc.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- BS/MS in chemistry, industry pharmacy or pharmaceuticals, or related filed with at least 3 years industrial experience.
Management & Organizational Challenges:
- Quality mindset with a focus of strong consistent practices in cGMP.
- Partnering, communicating and working with other departments.
Environment / Culture:
- Fast-paced, very dynamic environment with expectation of multi-tasking and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Constant communication with other departments.
- Self-Driven by continuous improvement.
- Detail oriented.