The Chemist position is responsible for the operation of laboratory equipment and will perform tests independently once training has been completed. The successful Chemist will be able to establish a congenial relationship with other employees to maintain a pleasant work environment and must have strong organizational skills and time management skills.
This is an entry-level position.
This position falls under the Quality Control organization structure and reports to the Quality Control Supervisor. Additional guidance and instruction will come from team-leaders.
Major Functional Objectives:
- Perform tests on raw materials per SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) and cGMP
- Perform tests on finished product per SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) and cGMP
- Perform tests on in process materials per SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) and cGMP
- Basic organic chemistry lab skills
- Be able to operate a balance, pH meter, and UV spectrophometer
- Highly organized and motivated
- Demonstrated fast learner
- Ability to communicate well both written and orally across all levels of the organization
- Performs well under stress
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to constant change
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Preferred BS or Master Degree in organic chemistry, physical organic chemistry or Life Sciences
Management & Organizational Challenges:
- Quality mindset with a focus of strong consistent practices in cGMP
- Partnering, communicating and working with other departments
Environment / Culture:
- Fast-paced, very dynamic environment with expectation of multi-tasking and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Constant communication with other departments.
- Driven by continuous improvement
- Detail oriented
- Manufacturing area where personal protective equipment is required
At Carlsbad Tech, every eligible employee receives a competitive compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Company match on 401K. Employees are also entitled to Paid Time Off, Sick Days, and Holidays.
To apply for this position, please send resume to email@example.com.