The Chemist position is responsible for the operation of laboratory equipment and will perform tests independently once training has been completed. The successful Chemist will be able to establish a congenial relationship with other employees to maintain a pleasant work environment and must have strong organizational skills and time management skills.
This is an entry-level position.
This position falls under the Quality Control organization structure and reports to the Quality Control Supervisor. Additional guidance and instruction will come from team-leaders.
Major Functional Objectives:
- Perform tests on raw materials per SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) and cGMP
- Perform tests on finished product per SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) and cGMP
- Perform tests on in process materials per SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) and cGMP
- Basic organic chemistry lab skills
- Be able to operate a balance, pH meter, and UV spectrophometer
- Highly organized and motivated
- Demonstrated fast learner
- Ability to communicate well both written and orally across all levels of the organization
- Performs well under stress
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to constant change
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Preferred BS or Master Degree in organic chemistry, physical organic chemistry or Life Sciences
Management & Organizational Challenges:
- Quality mindset with a focus of strong consistent practices in cGMP
- Partnering, communicating and working with other departments
Environment / Culture:
- Fast-paced, very dynamic environment with expectation of multi-tasking and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Constant communication with other departments.
- Driven by continuous improvement
- Detail oriented
- Manufacturing area where personal protective equipment is required