Marketing Coordinator/Inside Sales
About Carlsbad Tech,
Carlsbad Tech, (Carlsbad) is a generic pharmaceutical company dedicated to delivering generic drugs for a quality life. Carlsbad manufactures, markets, and distributes generic pharmaceutical products since December 7, 1990, and has pursued a growth strategy combining internal product development and strategic alliances with other partners. The company headquarters is located in Carlsbad, California.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life by producing products that benefit consumer through continuous optimization and innovation.
Learn more at http://www.carlsbadtech.com
Responsible for creating and delivering marketing ideas and activities. Concepts and creates marketing materials, manages projects, and ensures company messages are consistent, while also being an inside sales representative.
The Marketing Coordinator falls under the Business Operations bucket of the organizational chart directly reporting to the Account Service Supervisor.
Major Functional Objectives:
- The Marketing Coordinator uses their creativity and marketing skills to help generate brand awareness, sales and promote customer service through the social media networks.
- The Marketing Coordinator will study trends in social media, research popular social media platforms, study emerging social media tools and observe how often those platforms and tools are used.
- The expectation for this role is to re-invigorate our day-to-day social interactions and engagement and establish new processes and measurement for how these efforts are impacting growth in the business.
- Assists with both Generic and Comfort Vision Sales’ Marketing plans and long term objectives for products, services and other markets.
- Plans, coordinates and implements all advertising and promotional activities for the company. Including copyrighting, design, layout production of supporting marketing literature and co-op programs with other companies.
- Responsible for all packaging, including design, approval, and printing.
- Assists and coordinates sales programs and special projects such as seminars and new products promotions.
- Coordinates Public relations activities on behalf of the company including news and product release to the media, customer newsletters and maintaining relations with industry trade associates.
- Coordinates all trade show aspects.
- Researches and analyzes the technological, demographic, financial, regulatory and competitive factors that may affect the present and future needs for the company’s products, product mix, marketing methods and distribution systems.
- Assures that all marketing and promotional deadlines are met.
- Develops potential advertising or promotional leads.
- Works directly with advertisement agencies and Printing companies.
- Coordinates activities with Sales personal and customer service representatives.
- Research Accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Sources new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Route qualified opportunities to appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Helps perform daily duties of Account Service Team (Order Processing).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Management & Organizational Challenges:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing or Communications Required
Environment / Culture:
- Fast-paced, very dynamic environment with expectation of multi-tasking and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Self-Driven by continuous improvement
- Detailed oriented
- Special Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to cultivate and maintain productive working relationships with internal business
- Ability to learn and articulate the brand through social media strategy, and uphold corporate values
- Possess relevant experience executing digital/social promotions, including basic understanding of business requirements, approval cycles, etc.
- User of popular social publishing, reporting and listening tools
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Excellent communication and writing skills and great attention to detail
- Experience in Ad-Copy writing preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 3+ years working in social media preferred, but not required
- The Marketing Coordinator must have strong analytically skills to be able to interpret social media and other online data to react to issues and other concerns that may affect a company’s image or profit.
- The Marketing Coordinator must be a team player, but able to independently when needed